Friday, December 2, 2011

French ADCs

Just a few things left for the January Wagram 1809 game. I need to paint up a few more command stands and several more artillery batteries, both horse and foot.

Part of the game is the need for messengers to relay orders. The French have a much more efficient Command and Control system than the Austrians, so we get 4 messengers per commander, whereas the Austrians get only 1.

So far I have painted up only the messengers, using Italeri figures from the French Imperial Command set with head conversions using the wounded head and the shako rondeau from Lancier Bleu and the shako with cords and plumes from the artillery train figure from the Zvezda foot artillery pack.




9 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff - I have some ADCs done myself, but my rules set doesn't really use them.

    I shall have to come up with some rationale for using them. They are too nice not too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wounded one is my favorite, suberb work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    A superb work! However, your ADC are wearing the cylindrical shako-rouleau that was the fashion some years after 1809 ;-)
    Regards
    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Rosbif,

    Terrific paint job as always. Looking forward to seeing them on the table.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done on them - love the variety of uniforms (Napoleonics!). Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool conversions Rosbif,
    I like the wonded guy too!
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wondeful work. I've abandoned the 20mm scale for 28mm, but you are putting serious doubts again in me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf