Saturday, December 15, 2012

Schilling Bardin French Infantry Figures

I've started priming the metal figures in preparation for the beginning of the 3rd Annual Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. I'm really looking forward to painting these figures; the detail is a lot crisper than I'm used to with painting plastics.

The sculpting is a little cartoonish, with the heads seeming a little larger than anatomically true, especially when compared to their hands and feet. However, the muskets and bayonets are truly to scale and I've already pricked myself several times on the wicked needle points of the bayonets!

Line infantry fusilier

Wounded figure
 (to be used as morale marker. As he's not going to be integral to any battalion, I've already started painting him and he won't count towards any points in the comp. )

Elite company figure

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Stay tuned: Boney has more silly utterances planned! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Lots of detail on these figures. Have fun bringing them to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look rather splendid, I seem to be elbow deep in preparation here too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf