Sunday, February 3, 2013

I'm Meelllllting!!

I've learned the hard way not to leave my plastic figures in the direct sunlight of a hot Australian summer! I store some of my figures in a room in the shed which also has a skylight. It has no ventilation and as a result can get pretty hot in the afternoon.

These three British morale markers were left on the bench-top in the direct sunlight over the last few weeks. It seems that the plastic under the paint has liquified and run through cracks to gather and solidify in blobs!

Now all my plastic in the shed is safely stored out of the direct light and in cooler parts of the shed!



10 comments:

  1. What a pain in the butt!! Must have been very very hot in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully not a problem in the wilds of Scotland. I have to say its amazing that those melted so completely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very frustrating, but thankfully not something we have to worry about over here-more likely to be washed away in the flood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that hurts. Maybe a little touch up paint and no one will notice. I guess you're just lucky a kookaburra didn't peck into the shed and take a liking to your colorful figures!

    Your wildlife photos had a big impact on me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! At least these blokes were already dead. I'd hate to see that one of your fine battalions had gone to goo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Lord, that does look thoroughly unpleasant, not to mention a tad frustrating for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, looks almost Lovecraftian. Hmm, now there's a though for some crossover gaming ;)

    I can feel your frustration - I'm just lucky living in London that it will never happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... that's awkward. Don't want to know what would have happend to the GW-Finecast stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf