Thursday, September 22, 2016

Bits 'n' Bobs



I didn't manage to post these before the big game, but the eagle-eyed among you may already have spotted these from the previous post. 

Up to now, I haven't had a British army command stand, only a divisional one, so I needed to make one before the display game. The general comes from the Revell British infantry set, with a head swap using the HaT infantry command head, the colonel is from the HaT command set with a shako head instead of the bicorne, and the staff galloper is a hussar from the Italeri light dragoon set. The horses from the light dragoons have no shabraques, so I made a sheepskin shabraque using Milliput. I also added cotton thread reins glued to the hand from which the pistol had been cut.


 




The object of the game was a baggage train and the only cart I had was a civilian one, so I snapped up the Italeri baggage cart when I saw it in the shops. The road on the base is the same as that I made for my terrain collection.



Also, I recently painted up another 9-figure battalion of infanterie légère using HaT light infantry figures, including a head conversion of the officer using a Franznap metal conversion head. The plume is slightly shorter, but I'm not fussed.

I only have 3 light infantry battalions, so with divisions of 4 brigades, I'm short one légère battalion. Just for the sake of balance I've created this bunch, but too late to feature in the big game.











5 comments:

  1. Great looking units, beautiful details...and baggage carts always add something on the tables...Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some especially lovely figures and inspired conversions. Love the Staff Hussar, and the baggage wagon is first rate. Lovely work all round.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Shelfari Bookshelf